As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to develop daily, we are doing everything we can to ensure that we keep our staff and visitors safe while continuing to deliver the high quality, personal service you are used to.
We understand that the evolving situation will present challenges and we want to reassure you that we are here to help you. Following the latest advice from the UK Government, we have put in place measures to ensure that we can continue to operate safely and protect staff and visitors, especially at-risk groups, by avoiding large gatherings of people, avoiding unnecessary physical contact and practicing good hand hygiene. As attended funerals are continuing for now, as normally as possible, it is vital we take into account all of the guidelines issued by the Government for minimising the risk of transmission. You will notice we have implemented measures at the Crematorium to safeguard our staff and visitors, including:
· We are encouraging families to kindly wait in their cars, or outside in the fresh air, prior to services commencing – rather than using the Old Chapel waiting room.
· We have removed Hymn books from both chapels and we would discourage the use of printed Orders of Service for the time being.
· Families are welcome to record the service on their own tablet or mobile phone, provided the Celebrant or Minister makes an announcement at the commencement of the service to ensure they have everyone’s consent.
· We would prefer to avoid handling vases of flowers in the Book of Remembrance area and, as an alternative, we would be happy for you to leave a small posy, or single flower, instead.
· If families are unable to visit our Books of Remembrance on the anniversary of their loved one’s passing, they are very welcome to do so in the future at a safe time.
· Our two disabled toilets are open and available for use.
In terms of bookings, our office at 25 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, is still open and we have asked funeral directors to leave Cremation Papers, in a sealed envelope, in the box at the front door – and to call us to advise when they have done so in order that we can retrieve the papers. For the time being, our cut-off time remains as 10am on the day before the service and we will alert you if we envisage this changing.
If our resourcing levels are compromised due to illness or inability to work, we will refocus our team as necessary to deliver our service. This will mean prioritisation of workloads and we will keep those affected updated, whilst making every effort to mitigate the impact should this situation arise.
We are closely following advice from the Government and the Federation and we will provide further updates in response to this.
Thank you very much for your patience and thoughtful suggestions at this worrying time. Should you wish to discuss any component of your funeral service, our experienced staff will be pleased to assist further. You can contact the office on 0141 221 4759 or the Crematorium on 0141 946 2895.